Landlord Tenant – Lease Termination – Mississippi
Length of term of tenancy; notice to terminate tenancy; exception to notice requirement.
(1) Unless the rental agreement fixes a definite term a tenancy shall be week to week in case of a tenant who pays weekly rent, and in all other cases month to month.
(2) The landlord or the tenant may terminate a week-to-week tenancy by written notice given to the other at least seven (7) days prior to the termination date.
(3) The landlord or the tenant may terminate a month-to-month tenancy by a written notice given to the other at least thirty (30) days prior to the termination date.
(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section or any other provision of this chapter to the contrary, notice to terminate a tenancy shall not be required to be given when the landlord or tenant has committed a substantial violation of the rental agreement or this chapter that materially affects health and safety. Title 89, Chap. 008, SEC. 89-8-19.
Related Mississippi Legal Forms
- 30 Day Notice to Terminate Month to Month Lease – Residential from Landlord to Tenant
- 30 Day Notice to Terminate Month to Month Lease for Residential from Tenant to Landlord
- 7 Day Notice to Terminate Week to Week Tenancy – Residential from Landlord to Tenant
- 7 Day Notice to Terminate Week to Week Tenancy – Residential from Tenant to Landlord